Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 160

Thread: High School Football

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    That is true, but don't you think a school with 840 kids has a much better chance of having the deadbeat students who are just there cause they have to be? If you looked down the halls at Lee High it isn't like you see the holy land of athletes. A very small percentage of students at Lee High are athletes. That is one reason their teams aren't as successful as they could be. The majority of the students do not want to put forth the time and effort to play sports. If you ratio the number of students to the number of athletes, I am sure that Lee High would rank well below schools like Gate City, Powell Valley, and even Appalachia.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member FIGHT'N HOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2007
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    HAYSI and HONAKER said this weekend at the meeting that they will appeal to play down!

    If Clintwood is below the number they too will appeal play down is what I heard from this weekend.

    VA High numbers have nothing to do with anyone, they are not the largest as far as enrollment.

    As for Coeburn they were ridding the fence as of this weekend.
    [img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/dj_rizen/clinch_mountain_banner.png[/img]
    [url]http://s8.zetaboards.com/Clinch_Mtn_District/index/[/url]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    Sounds like exactly what I was expecting (I think Coeburn will drop as well) I brought up Va High since Lee has AA numbers (not like GC that had been playing up) while Va High will be A sized I am not sure that will play a part in the appeals process BUT I could see how it could which is why I included it.

    That being said IF all those teams drop a Div1 playoff spot will be hard to come by

  4. #14
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    Will those Cowbells be coming back!? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I wish there were more of them lol, or anything really. I always hate looking across the stands every season and seeing a lot of the fans looking lifeless haha. Just too many empty seats now a days too.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I have family members who play for Lee High, so unless they are playing us I hope they win every game they play. At the same time, I do think it's a bit ridiculous that you have a school with over 800 students competing against the Appys and St. Paul's of the world for right to move on to state. Lee High made their bed when they combined schools, they should lay in it. It's not the rest of the regions fault they have to travel so far, they should've thought about that when they combined. Lee High will eventually be a dominating force in the Region D, and theres not a thing anybody can do or say about it. VHSL at it's finest if you ask me, if the schools drop down D2 football in the regular season will be a joke, you could probably make the playoffs at 5-5.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member FIGHT'N HOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2007
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    if the schools drop down D2 football in the regular season will be a joke, you could probably make the playoffs at 5-5.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I would not say that! Regular season will be much of the same the playoffs will be some what different.

    Lets say these 4 teams make Region D Div.2 Playoffs next year:
    GATE CITY
    POWELL VALLEY
    VA HIGH
    LEBANON (CLINTWOOD OR HONAKER IF THEY DONT DROP!)

    IS THAT A JOKE? I SAY NO...you have will 1 of the best team in the area playing in game 13 at their house next year for a chance to play in the state title game.
    [img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/dj_rizen/clinch_mountain_banner.png[/img]
    [url]http://s8.zetaboards.com/Clinch_Mtn_District/index/[/url]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I might be 100% wrong on this but didn't Lee get a special hardship exception to play in the A ranks because of travel? If they did then I don't think the "rye cove rule" should come into play because it already is established that Lee is an exception.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    That is why i was thinking that Honaker and Coeburn may have a tougher time droping via the RC rule than would Haysi and Clintwood......That being said neather Honaker or Coeburn would be in the top 10 size wise of Div 1 schools in the state

    On a related note with Lebanon and Battle leaving Region C Div 2 who will be the lucky team that moves from Div1 to Div 2 over there?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    If Graham, Grundy, Tazewell, and Richlands drop fairly soon then that would add more back to Div. 2. So, maybe it wouldn't be for too long.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    If we start winning, everybody will be saying "Well no wonder they win, they're twice the size as everybody else!" Nevermind the fact that half of the schools dress out as many, or more players as Lee High. Lee High may have 840 students, but it's the same group of kids that play all the sports.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I don't think people said that about GC when they dropped, they didn't & do not have that many kids enrolled to make such a statement! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    If some people did make statemenets toward GC they were clueless in most cases and just like running off at the mouth. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

    At 840 kids in the school you may get that statement thrown in the direction of LEE HIGH! But most people with good football sense will know ...just because you have 840 kids in the school doesn't mean you have the best 11 you can get on the field. haha

    I will say this LEE had a HUGE Oline last year!!! Will those Cowbells be coming back!? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well I guess by the number of post you have that you missed out on the previous few years when many on here said just that about GC's larger numbers. It has been mentioned on here more times than I care to count.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •